Sunday, October 3, 2010

MOONG DAL VADA

MOONG DAL VADA
( Yellow Moong Dal Vada )
Makes 4 vada, Serve as Starter

INGS: 1 Cup Yellow Moong Dal
1 Tbsp Urad Dal, Salt and Red Chilly pd
to taste. A pinch Soda Bi Carb, Oil to fry
(Opt : Some cut Green Chilly and Ginger,
1\4 tsp Aniseeds.)

METHOD: Soak both the dals for 4 -5 hours or
overnight. Drain the water and grind in a mixer
to a paste. ( should grind little coarsely). Now mix
salt, chilly pd and a pinch soda bi carb. Put oil to fry.
Take a katori ( a bowl ) and a big handkerchief, wrap
the on the katori and hold tightly. Put some vada batter
on the katori ( little use of water to dab makes this process easy ). Start to dab it , so that it flattens to form a vada.
Put in oil to fry, try and make 4 pieces out of the batter.
Serve hot with green chutney .

5 comments:

  1. Hi Usha,

    Yummy vada...Did you send me any message...I couldnot view it..Do stop by my blog!!:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Vada. I eat them at least once a week. The are two restaurants near my home that sells delicious Vada but now that I found your recipe, I will try making it at home soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS A FESTIVAL DISH IN INDIA...I AM COMING UP WITH ANOTHER VADA DISH 4 U ...ITS USING ANOTHER DAL AND GREEN LEAFY VEGS..PLS TRY AND CHECK 4 THAT RECIPE 2MOROW..

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR QUARY PO COOKS, I AM ON FACE BOOK AND MY COOKERY PAGE IS..
    http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=b57fc9a6f60b186b21e348baefd4ad21&eu=o4SczWgkIaLZ4TRhyZXcQg#!/pages/Ushas-Kitchen/104713866254296?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEAR QUARY PO COOKS , another vada recipe called ''PYAJO '' posted for u.. pl try making it and have fun....

    ReplyDelete